Jumbunna has a number of staff who are qualified Practitioners to present parenting programs.
Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) are run regularly, including the standard, disability, Indigenous specific, and seminar courses. Some are held at night. Child care is usually provided.
Triple P is a parenting program for all families that provides practical answers to everyday parenting concerns. Triple P helps you to:
* Promote your child’s development and communication skills
* Manage your child’s behaviour and emotions
* Build a good relationship with your child
*Take care of yourself as a parent.
Circle of Security
The Circle of Security Parenting Program runs for 8 weeks and focuses on strengthening the relationship that parents/carers have with their children. This approach teaches new ways to understand children’s needs & behaviour. It offers effective ways to respond to children that will help them to develop a sense of being safe and secure, so that they are able to learn, grow and develop positive relationships with others.
Indigenous Parent Success
These workshops help parents and carers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander jarjums (0 – 8 years) to:
- Learn about the importance of learning at home with family
- Learn about how schools help jarjums to learn, read and write
- Learn some of the language schools use so that parents can use them with their children
These programs are some of the most well known and most researched early language intervention programs in the world. They are consistent in terms of best practice and using natural context and a family centred approach. Our specially trained and accredited speech pathologist runs these programs.
Comments from recent participants include:
- “It’s helped my son so much and explained where he was up to and where he is now.”
- “Its a great way to gain ideas and ways to help your child communicate when they don’t have any interest in doing so.”
- How much its helped my daughter, how it has changed me, how far we both have come.”
Brochures are available about these programs at the front office.
It takes two to talk:
This program is for parents of children (birth to 5) who have language delays
More than words:
This program provides parents of young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or children with social communication difficulties with practical tools to help their children communicate.